Dallas Parochial League Scholarship Program
Rules and Regulations
The Dallas Parochial League wants to recognize the Student in the term “Student-Athlete.” It will do this by offering 4-6 separate $500 scholarships to worthy students in the 2012-2013 school year. Funding for these scholarships will be provided through various sources such as the DPL Golf Classic, Championship Football T-shirt Sales, etc.
The Dallas Parochial League will present the winners with a $500.00 checks made payable to the appropriate Catholic school in the Spring of 2013.
- Any student currently in the 6th, 7th, or 8th grade during the 2012-2013 school year AND
- Participated in at least one DPL sanctioned sport during the prior year (school teams playing in outside leagues do not fulfill this requirement) AND
- Displayed excellent conduct and sportsmanship in their athletic endeavors AND
- Concluded the prior year with no more than one (1) “C” average in any course AND
- Will be attending a local DPL member school or Catholic High School in 2013-2014
What's needed for Application?
- Complete the accompanying application form signed by school principal
- Provide three (3) brief letters of recommendation, with at least one being from a former coach
- Provide a copy of previous year's final report card for grade verification
- Submit a brief essay, not to exceed 250 words, that summarizes what the term “Student-Athlete” means to you.
Priority will be given to:
- Essay written by child 40%
- Quality of Grades 30%
- Quality of Sports Played 20%
- Letters of recommendation 10%
All materials should be mailed to:
5440 Harvest Hill Rd
Dallas, TX 75230
Copies of candidates’ materials will be sent to independent judges for review. Winners will be notified in early March.